Do you have a passion for helping children maximise their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company at the cutting edge of developing children’s life skills excite you? Role Models offer life skill courses, 1:1 programmes, residential courses and workshops to children aged 6-15; we help children develop soft skills in order to reach their potential, and we also work with parents and schools to support them in their character education provision. We are entering an exciting stage of expansion and are now looking to grow our ‘Character Education Team’, this involves finding a passionate, experienced and flexible consultant to support the Head of Character Education.
We’ve also been lucky enough to be judged as one of the top 100 companies to escape to in 2019.
This opportunity will suit someone who has a passion for and commitment to developing children’s life skills with proven success and experience in the education of children. An interest in and experience of coaching, soft skills, training and delivery of workshops is desired. You will have a track record of building and maintaining relationships with multiple and varied customers as well as being an excellent communicator both internally and externally. As part of a small dynamic business, you will be happy to ‘muck in’ and be flexible whilst being an independent thinker and confidently holding your own views. Daily rate of £200 – £250 depending on experience.
Reporting to the Head of Character Education your work will include:
- Contributing to curriculum & course design and content, for a range of life skills courses, aimed at 6-15 year olds.
- Designing content for bespoke life skills programmes for specific children around a given brief.
- Research and design into measuring the impact of our work, collecting data and using this to create impact reports.
- Recruitment of our ‘Role Models’ and working with the ‘Role Models’ who deliver the courses; training them ahead of the courses they will deliver, observing them in action and offering support.
- Training the team of Role Models and supporting them with behaviour management, facilitation of the course content, dealing with parents etc.
- Delivering presentations to parents and schools about our work, courses and character education.
- Liaising with outside character educational specialists to ensure high standard and relevant service.
- Developing relationships with schools, parents and other partners, representing the company and talking about the educational aspects of the courses and programmes.
- Promoting our educational views and updating our stakeholders on the latest developments in character education research.
- Development of new courses and services for children, parents and schools.
- A range of activities that support the overall growth of the business.
Person Specification – we are searching for the right person to work with our current team, who:
- Is knowledgeable and experienced in education.
- Is flexible and willing to adapt to a fast pace working environment.
- Is understanding of the need to be contactable outside of the 2 days a week.
- Is an excellent communicator and someone who can build positive relationships.
- Is passionate, shows attention to detail and has high standards.
- Embodies the types of attributes and skills we are educating children in- empathy, communication skills, growth mindset, resilience and the ability to collaborate effectively.
The role would be 16 hours per week (2 days) initially, with scope to expand as the business and work load expands. You will be based in Battersea, SW11 5EN. You will work for Role Models as a freelance consultant and there is scope for 1 of the days to be done working from home.
To explore this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] ASAP. If you would like to have a conversation to learn more about the role please call Louise on 07786 636289.