Role Models are delighted to be running our Drama Course in Riyadh for 4-10 year olds.
Course price: £580 (approximately SR 2,660) with multi-buy and referral discounts available.
Please see the bottom of the page for information on our multi-buy discount scheme and friend referral coupons.
Please note that children will be in mixed male and female groups and that this course will be lead by both male and female Role Models.
What are the benefits of the course?
The transferable skills learnt through the ‘Drama Stars’ workshop include:
- Public speaking which feeds into so many jobs whether we like it or not. Through performance we can instill a confidence and skill-set to deal with any nerve-jangling speech.
- Humans have passed down tales for centuries and will continue to do so for many more. The art of storytelling is not only a great skill but also a great pleasure. It unlocks empathy, emotion and individuality. By trying to understand others we have a greater chance of understanding ourselves.
- Performing bonds people together. Differences are set aside and friendships formed as people collaborate to achieve one common goal.
- As with most things in life we want, we have to work hard to get them. At ‘Drama Stars’ we site determination and hard work as key factors in achieving something brilliant.
- The importance of physical activity is at the forefront of ‘Drama Stars’. Performing is physically demanding and this vocational course will have children up on their feet, playing and excercising.
- Performing is a creative exercise and we include classes that encourage our ‘Drama Stars’ to think on their own feet and make new material from scratch.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is made up with three stations; ACTING, SINGING and DANCING. The children will cycle through these stations for the first three days picking up a variety of skills and working in a broad range of areas. The below is an example outline of the acticites that we offer. There will be subtle changes to the course as we are constantly adapting material according to modern trends, the ages of our ‘Drama Stars’ and the specialities of the tutors taking the course.
- VOICE GYM. Whether you’re commanding an army or pitching for business it is essential to have an understanding of your voice. Voice Gym is a scrapbook of excercises used by West End Professionals every single day.
- SHAKE A STICK AT SHAKESPEARE. A fun and engaging session on bringing Shakespeare off the page and springing into to life. A playful, informal and demystifying introduction to the great bard.
- MAKE IT UP. A creative workshop in improvisation, allowing children to express their own personality as well as listening to other ideas around them. Guaranteed to have multiple laughter breaks!
- WARM-UP LIKE GAGA. All gathered around the piano, this is a fun and interactive group singing lesson where children break the ice with their voices and learn what it is to sing like a pop star.
- ALL TOGETHER NOW. A choral workshop where the group will learn to sing a catchy song in unison. Thinking about tune, ryhthm and song dynamics. Working closely as a group they’ll be blending their voices into one sound.
- At this point of the course we will work towards more complex musical arrangements with different harmony lines, cannons and perhaps the odd soloist. This will take concentration but the end result will be very rewarding
- FIND YOUR FEET. An introduction to the basic steps of dance choreography. A fun, group lesson to build awareness of our bodies and get us moving.
- WEST END WORKSHOP. This is where the ‘Drama Stars’ will be taught the actual choreography from a West End show by a West End Star. They will learn and perform a section of a world famous musical theatre hit!
- MUSIC VIDEO TAKEOVER. During this session we will create and film our very own music video based on an existing hit. This will include some pop and street elements giving the ‘Drama Stars’ a chance to try varied choreography, get an insight into the world of music production and have a lot of fun in the meantime. Yes, we’ll send you a copy!
DAY 4 – REHEARSAL DAY
All the groups will come together to start working on the final performace piece. They will need to remember and implement all that they’ve learnt over the last three days. We will work on a group narration piece, a group dance number and a group song which will make up a mini show for parents and friends to watch the next day.
DAY 5 – PERFORMANCE DAY
Final preparations will take place for the climax of the course. We will have a dress rehearsal and do any last minute practise that’s required before parents and friends arrive to see what we’ve been working on. Of course the show will end to raptous applause and we’ll take a big group photo before issuing well-earned ‘Drama Stars’ certificates.
What part do the parents play during the course?
We don’t want you to miss a thing as your child takes their first steps onto the big stage so here’s what we’ll do..
At the start of the course you’ll be introduced to the ‘Drama Stars’ tutors. You’ll get a chance to ask them questions about the course and their experiences on the stage. We’ll run through the details of the classes we are taking and give you an outline of what we’re hoping to achieve with each one.
End of Day Recap
At the end of the day, we’ll send out an e-mail with details of how the day went. We will include photos and video clips of what we’ve been working on so you can see your own ‘Drama Star’ in action.
The Final Day Performance
On the final day you’ll be invited to attend the ‘Drama Stars’ Showcase! Everyone who attended the course will be involved in an informal and fun sharing of what we’ve been up to over the week. You will see snippets from all three wokshop stations before finishing the week with a bow, a presentation of certificates and a big group photograph on the stage.
After the Course
Once the adrenaline from the showcase has slowly left our bodies the ‘Drama Stars’ tutors will be in touch with a personal report for your child. We’ll track their development over the week with observations we made about their involvement and progress throughout the different activities. Not every day you get an individual report from West End Stars.
Our courses are always based on three things…
Our courses deliver three things…
they empower the children
The knowledge, understanding and insight gained from our courses should allow the children to think differently and make them feel that what they think and say really matters.
they embed sustained behaviour change
Our courses give children the tools to use the skills and strategies in their every day lives to form new habits of behaviour.
they give children a framework for future success
Through the content, language and skills that we teach, our children are given ways of working that they can fall back on and use time and time again.
What type of child is the course designed for?
The course will allow participants to experiment in a safe environment with tutors who know exactly what it means to perform on the biggest stages. The course is designed to be fast-paced, interactive, informative, collaborative and a huge amount of fun. While we hope to inspire the next Hugh Jackman, this course is also about developing invaluable transferable skills that are required in every day life.
Who delivers the course?
All courses are led by top Role Models; all of whom are passionate about character education and trained in our unique content.
The ‘Drama Stars’ course is a five day workshop in which children get a chance to work with World Class Tutors and professional actors from the UK. The course will be based around the three main disciplines of acting, dancing and singing. We look for people who celebrate unique thinking and resilience; whilst ensuring that a holiday course should, above all things, be a lot of serious fun.
Here are some examples of our course staff:
What do others say about the courses?
Our track record
We are proud of the difference we’ve made to thousands of children since we started. The results of our previous Confidence & Resilience course surveys reflect that:
- 90% of all of our parents would be interested in a future life skills course.
- 95% of parents said that their child enjoyed or really enjoyed themselves.
- 91% of students said that they would be likely or extremely likely to recommend a course to a friend.
- 85% of students strongly believe that you can get better at anything you put your mind to.
“The positive feedback he received really boosted his confidence and on holiday he was not phased by asking staff for something whereas previously he would ask us to do it.”
“She has been a lot more tolerant & better at problem solving in a mature manner especially with her younger sister.”
“She seems more confident about attending senior school interviews and has said that the course really helped her to prepare.”
“She said she wished school was like this. She absolutely loved it. Thank you.”
“I love the detailed feedback for him and what you were able to get from him.”
“He came back home everyday in a very upbeat mood and very talkative about the day activities. His mood and behaviour during the school holiday was best we seen in a long time, listening more, showing maturity when asked to do chores, demonstrating empathy with his brother’s problems.”
Click here for additional testimonials.
Click here for course photos in our Gallery.
In the video testimonial below, a mother tells us how the course had a beautiful impact on her child and that she would like Role Models to come back again.
The course runs from 10am – 3pm daily. The slightly later start ensures it doesn’t feel like a school day.
The course focuses on ages 4– 10 (split into two groups of 15 according to age and personality). The age split is likely to be ages 4-7 and 8-10.
We have children attend our courses who may have mild additional needs and SEND. As our courses are challenging by nature and the content is ambitious, it’s important to us that your child is able to access the learning and that the environment and level of support is appropriate for them. If your child requires additional support with their learning, behaviour or physical needs, we would suggest the course may not be right for them. We encourage parents to give us a call and discuss their child’s needs in detail with us, in order to make an informed decision.
Groups will be no larger than 15 children per Role Model, to ensure a high level of support, however we may have more than one group of children per course. We also aim to have volunteers on every course to increase the support.
Groups for the week will be split according to age and personality. The whole group will come together for communal sessions such as the morning welcome, lunch and assemblies.
Yes. Children should bring a snack, a packed lunch and plenty of water to drink throughout the day. We encourage healthy lunches which should also be nut free.
The normal course price is £580 (approximately SR 2,660).
See the section below for discount information.
Multi-Buy Discount Scheme
When you purchase more than one course place, you will receive a £50 discount on each subsequent course place, e.g.
- £50 discount if you purchase two course places in one transaction;
- £100 discount if you purchase three course places in one transaction;
- £150 discount if you purchase four course places in one transaction; and so on.
To take advantage of this discount scheme, all course places must be purchased at the same time (in one transaction) and all courses must be of the same type, e.g. non-residential courses for international students. You can mix and match the course title within this group, e.g. you could purchase one place on our Leadership Course and another place on our Resilience Course and still receive discount.
We also offer a £50 referral coupon. This works by providing you with a coupon code after a course is purchased that is valid for 14 days. If another parent uses your coupon code they receive a £50 discount and you receive an automatic £50 refund on your card. This coupon code can be used by an unlimited number of parents and you will receive a £50 refund each time it is used (up to the amount of the original order).
- For bookings, please click on the “Book Now” button to add the course to your cart.
- You have the option to apply a coupon code to your cart at this stage.
- All multi-buy discounts will be automatically applied at this stage.
- On proceeding to checkout, you will be asked to provide some details including credit/debit card information, prior to placing your order.
- Once the order has been placed and the booking has been confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation email.
- You will also receive a referral coupon email.
- A member of the team will be in touch prior to the start of the course with our Pre-Course Form and further Pre-Course Information, such as directions, what to bring, what to wear and details on the Parent Class.
- Please ensure that you complete this Pre-Course Form in a timely manner, as we require these details to tailor the course to each child and ensure that specific needs are met – no later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
For any questions, please contact Sophie Lake on WhatsApp; +44 (0)7946345091
If a customer wishes to cancel a course prior to its commencement, the customer needs to provide us with at least 28 days’ notice. If at least 28 days’ notice is provided to Role Models then the customer shall receive a full refund. If less than 28 days’ notice is provided to Role Models then neither a reimbursement or credit note can be provided.
Please click here for access to our full T&Cs.
All of these courses recognise a new educational framework built around the importance of developing confidence and resilience in our children. As importantly, they also recognise and teach what has now become known as the 4 Cs of innovative education. Our children need to learn how to communicate, collaborate, critically think and creatively problem solve and almost every employer globally is telling us that these are the skills they want to see developed amongst this generation of young people.
I congratulate the Role Models team for putting these courses together and for giving young people globally the opportunity to start developing these important skills. I’m sure your children will benefit hugely from being a part of this important drive towards skilling as well as schooling the next generation.”