Our online Resilience Refresher Course is a tailored course designed for children who have already completed our week long Resilience life skills course, who are keen to consolidate their learning and reflect on how they are using a growth mindset in their everyday lives. It is made up of five 30 minute sessions for £50
Details of the course
- 5 sessions to recap and develop your child’s resilience and a growth mindset
- 30 minute online sessions (one per week)
- A group of 5 children led by a qualified Role Model (this first online programme will be run by Louise our Head of Character Education who creates the content of all our life skills courses. Louise is a qualified teacher and coach)
- Children to join the online session using Zoom software (which can be downloaded) from their home
- Children will need access to an internet connection and a suitable device (desk top computer/laptop/ipad)
We would be really keen to capture feedback from both parent and child at the end of the programme with your permission
Week 1: What does resilience and growth mindset mean?
Can we recall what we covered on the course? Are we actively using a growth mindset?
Week 2: Making mistakes
What mistakes have we been making? What’s happening in our brains when we learn?
Week 3: Comfort zone
What does it feel like to go outside of our comfort zone? Why is this important? What can we do when we feel anxious? Applying our resilience to our own situations, fears and worries.
Half way through the programme, an online session for parents will be scheduled to discuss the content of the sessions, any specific difficulties your child may be experiencing with their resilience and to gain feedback on the programme so far.
Week 4: The power of our thoughts
How does resilience affect our friendships and interactions? How can we learn to manage our thoughts?
Week 5: Emotional resilience/ How will we use what we have learnt?
Let’s reflect on our resilience. What do we find hard and what can we do about it? Setting ourselves meaningful targets
Is my child eligible for this course?
To be eligible for this course, your child will:
- Have completed the Resilience course
Be aged between 8-11 years old
- Be available for 5 consecutive Wednesdays, early evening 5.30-6pm (Wednesday 30th January, Wednesday 6th February, Wednesday 13th February (break for half term) Wednesday 27th February, Wednesday 6th March)
- Have a good grasp of spoken English
- Be willing to engage with a small group via technology
What will the online refresher course look like?
The online refresher course is made up of 5 coaching sessions of 30 mins led by our Head of Character Education, Louise. The sessions will be run on a software called Zoom. The young person will need to have access to a device that has the internet, runs PowerPoint and facilitates the use of audio and camera (webcam). Sessions will run from 5.30pm – 6.00pm every Wednesday for the duration of the course.
If you are interested in your child taking part in this online programme to help consolidate their understanding and application of resilience, please get in touch to register your interest. Places are limited!
If you have any questions about the content or set up of this programme please contact Louise our Head of Character Education on 0778 663 6289 or [email protected]
Why choose Role Models?
1. Our insight. Having met with a number of Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers and Admissions Teams at various independent secondary schools (including Eton & Wellington), we understand what they are looking for in new students.
2. The quality of our people. All our Role Models undergo a rigorous application procedure and we are totally focused on recruiting people who are talented, engaging & fun. There will be an extensive array of subject matter to suit every child but research has shown that the characteristics of the person delivering the programme is paramount to its success, which is why our recruitment process is so important.
3. Our track record. We have an extremely successful history of delivering courses & programmes. Our average feedback score in terms of how likely our clients are to recommend us to friends or colleagues is 9.1 / 10.
“I’ve been meaning to write to thank you. Siena has flourished these past 8 weeks; both we and her teachers have noticed a visible increase in her confidence and general positively in her demeanour, which I believe has contributed to several successes for her – increased participation in class, a commended public speaking competition, a new calmness with a ski race and during her summer exams. Most importantly I feel she is happier and better understands herself and her strengths. I’d also like to extend our thanks to the absolutely wonderful Jess who’s been a perfect mentor to Siena, quickly able to build trust and rapport and bring the best out of her.” Yamit, Esher
How much does the course cost?
The 5 session online programme (30 mins per session) is £50.
What age group is the programme appropriate for?
The programme is designed for children aged 8 – 11 years old.
Where do the sessions take place?
The sessions should take place in a quiet room where there is a high bandwidth. The Role Model will run the online programme from a quiet space too. It is vital that they are both comfortable and able to speak openly. We recommend the young person’s home or at their school if that’s permitted.
How regularly will the sessions take place?
The sessions will take place on the following dates:
Wednesday 30th January
Wednesday 6th February
Wednesday 13th February
Wednesday 27th February
Wednesday 6th March
How do I book?
- For bookings, please click on the “Book Now” button to add the programme to your cart.
- On proceeding to checkout, you will be asked to provide some details including credit/debit card information, prior to placing your order.
- Once the order has been placed and the booking has been confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation email.
- A member of the team will be in touch shortly afterwards with our Pre-Programme Form and further information.
- Please ensure that you complete this Pre-Programme Form in a timely manner, as we require these details to tailor the programme to each child and ensure that specific needs are met.