Our Online Resilience Refresher Course is a tailored course designed for children who have already completed our week long Resilience life skills course, who are keen to consolidate their learning and reflect on how they are using a growth mindset in their everyday lives. It is made up of six 45 minute sessions, for £150.
Details of the course
- 6 sessions to recap and develop your child’s resilience and a growth mindset
- 45 minute online sessions (one per week, the next course is starting on the Thursday 26th September)
- A group of 6 children led by a Role Model
- Children to join the online session using ‘Zoom’ software (which can be downloaded) from your home. This software is very straight forward and a bit like Skype
- Children will need access to an internet connection and a suitable device (desk top computer/laptop/Ipad)
- Follow up phone call to parents at the end of the course (for specific feedback on your child)
- Parent webinar detailing content covered by children and strategies for parents. This will be delivered by our Head of Character Education, Louise Treherne
Week 1: What does resilience and growth mindset mean?
Can we recall what we covered on the course? What have we noticed about our own mindset since the course? How can we re-engage with different ways of practising a growth mindset approach?
Week 2: Making mistakes
What mistakes have we been making? What’s happening in our brains when we learn? Recalling our understanding of ‘neuroplasticity’ when do we find this useful? When are we still struggling with making mistakes?
Week 3: Comfort zone
What does it feel like to go outside of our comfort zone? Why is this important? What can we do when we feel anxious? Applying our resilience to our own situations, fears and worries (children share examples).
Week 4: The power of our thoughts
Recalling thinking traps and how our thoughts can be unhelpful. How does resilience affect our friendships and interactions? How can we learn to manage our thoughts? How are our thoughts still impacting the way we feel and behave? Children asked to share examples of their own unhelpful thoughts and worries.
Week 5: Emotional resilience
Focusing on emotions and responses; what do I personally struggle with? what would it look like if I took a more resilient approach? Advice and examples shared within the group.
Week 6: Drawing it all together
Let’s reflect on our overall resilience. Taking responsibility to move towards the ‘best version’ of ourselves. What do we find hard and what can we do about it? How can we prepare for these tricky situations? Setting ourselves meaningful targets.
Is my child eligible for this course?
To be eligible for this course, your child will:
- Have completed one of Role Models Resilience courses
- Be aged between 8-11 years old
- Have a good grasp of spoken English
- Be willing to engage with a small group via technology
- Be available for the following 6 Thursdays:
Thursday 26th September
Thursday 3rd October
Thursday 10th October
Thursday 17th October
2 week break over half term
Thursday 7th November
Thursday 14th November
What will the online refresher course look like?
The online refresher course is made up of 6 sessions of 45 mins led by one of our Role Models. The sessions will be run on a software called Zoom. The young person will need to have access to a device that has the internet and facilitates the use of audio and camera (webcam).
If you are interested in your child taking part in this online programme to help consolidate their understanding and application of resilience, please get in touch to register your interest. Places are limited!
If you have any questions about the content or set up of this programme please contact Louise our Head of Character Education on 0778 663 6289 or [email protected]
“It’s been a very positive experience, we would recommend it and would consider doing another refresher course. It is a good way to embed the learning from the courses and the weekly check in works well to help keep the child focused and grounded in the learning.” -A London Mother, child aged 8
Why choose Role Models?
1. Our insight. Having met with a number of Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers and Admissions Teams at various independent secondary schools (including Eton & Wellington), we understand what they are looking for in new students.
2. The quality of our people. All our Role Models undergo a rigorous application procedure and we are totally focused on recruiting people who are talented, engaging & fun. There will be an extensive array of subject matter to suit every child but research has shown that the characteristics of the person delivering the programme is paramount to its success, which is why our recruitment process is so important.
3. Our track record. We have an extremely successful history of delivering courses & programmes. Our average feedback score in terms of how likely our clients are to recommend us to friends or colleagues is 9.1 / 10.
“I’ve been meaning to write to thank you. Siena has flourished these past 8 weeks; both we and her teachers have noticed a visible increase in her confidence and general positively in her demeanour, which I believe has contributed to several successes for her – increased participation in class, a commended public speaking competition, a new calmness with a ski race and during her summer exams. Most importantly I feel she is happier and better understands herself and her strengths. I’d also like to extend our thanks to the absolutely wonderful Jess who’s been a perfect mentor to Siena, quickly able to build trust and rapport and bring the best out of her.” Yamit, Eshe
How much does the course cost?
The 6 session online programme (45 mins per session) is £150.
What age group is the programme appropriate for?
The programme is designed for children aged 8 – 11 years old.
Where do the sessions take place?
The sessions should take place in a quiet room where there is a high bandwidth. The Role Model will run the online programme from a quiet space too. It is vital that they are both comfortable and able to speak openly. We recommend the young person’s home.
How regularly will the sessions take place?
The sessions will take place on the following dates from 6:15pm – 7:00pm:
-Thursday 26th September
-Thursday 3rd October
-Thursday 10th October
-Thursday 17th October
2 week break over half term
-Thursday 7th November
-Thursday 14th November
How do I book?
- For bookings, please click on the “Book Now” button to add the programme to your cart.
- On proceeding to checkout, you will be asked to provide some details including credit/debit card information, prior to placing your order.
- Once the order has been placed and the booking has been confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation email.
- A member of the team will be in touch shortly afterwards with our Pre-Programme Form and further information.
- Please ensure that you complete this Pre-Programme Form in a timely manner, as we require these details to tailor the programme to each child and ensure that specific needs are met.
Sir Anthony Seldon
(Headmaster of Wellington College, contemporary historian, commentator & political author):
“Role Models shares Wellington’s pioneering attitude towards child development through holistic education.”