Are you bright and good at building relationships with people? Do you have a passion for enabling small businesses to work to the best of their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you?
We are a leading education provider who specialises in character education courses for children in the UK and internationally (Saudi Arabia, Singapore, China, Mexico, Switzerland to name just a few) and now need someone to help grow our business and realise our ambition to become the market leader in the character education space.
Why we exist
We want to inspire a generation of children to become the very best they can be through their relationships, their well-being and their own sense of purpose.
We want to do this by teaching at least a million children over the next few years how to communicate well, collaborate effectively, think critically, solve problems creatively and lead brilliantly so that they can shape their future and those around them.
This opportunity will suit someone who is a proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset who thrives on challenge and has a track record of delivering excellent results. You must be an organised, diligent “doer” who has a passion for improving process, an eye for detail and who is constantly looking for solutions. You will need to be able to multi task and communicate well.
Reporting to the Managing Director (to start with), you will be leading Role Models’ internal processes, financial management and operational development. This includes:
- Leading the development of business processes and a structure that allows the business to scale to meet our demand.
- Developing measurable KPIs for the Operations team that drive performance improvement.
- Identifying and implementing improvements for our CRM system.
- Sourcing and managing appropriate course venues, dates, logistics & pricing.
- Liaising with UK and international schools & parents regarding course logistics.
- Assigning course staff and managing training logistics for UK and international courses.
- Managing the business’s book-keeping with external support – raising and signing off invoices, expenses and payroll systems.
- Ensuring the business is up to date with meeting its payments, regulatory and insurance requirements.
- Supporting the day-to-day running and functionality of the office.
- The opportunity to manage and mentor a graduate working with you in the Operations team.
- Creating a great work ethic within the team.
Traits we’re looking for
- Huge energy and ambition
- Ability to manage strong, positive relationships
- Excellent communication skills over the phone and in person and your English is close to perfect
- Good attention to detail and well organised
- A fun and friendly team player
- We pride ourselves on providing a seamless service to our clients. The successful candidate may on occasion need to be accessible remotely outside core hours
- Added plus but not a must: digitally savvy, with good working knowledge of MS Excel, WordPress, Dropbox, GoCardless, Stripe and Xero
- A willingness to battle with the printer if required
The nitty gritty
We are looking for someone who can ideally start on Monday September 2nd (or earlier) and work full time at our offices in Battersea, SW11 5EN.
The salary will be £28-40k p.a. (depending on experience) plus a discretionary team bonus at the end of each quarter based on the company’s financial performance. You will also be provided with a company laptop.
The role would commence with a 6 month probation period and will then become a permanent role if the probation period is successful.
In this role, there will be occasional times when we will need you to help run training sessions for our course staff on weekends. There are also occasional times when our courses start on a Sunday (if they are based in the Middle East) and we will need you to be available for last minute operational issues. Of course, the slicker our processes, the more we can minimise this. You will receive time off in lieu for weekend days worked.
You will start with 23 days annual leave per year, which increases by 1 day for each year you work for the business up to a maximum of 28 days per year.
You would have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team work from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you would be working in the office.
Role Models is only 5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 5 full-time positions and 2 part-time positions. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
We also have quarterly fun team events to manage our own well-being!
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by the end of Friday August 23rd. Earlier applications are encouraged.
Run-of-the-mill cover letters are not what we’re looking for – please tell us why you want this job, not just any job. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for interview.