Are you an entrepreneurial marketeer with a growth mindset, who loves to drive change in a small to medium sized business? Do you have a passion for enabling small businesses to work to the best of their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you?
We are a leading education provider who specialises in character education courses for children in the UK and Internationally (Saudi Arabia, Singapore, China, Mexico, Switzerland to name just a few). We are just closing a round of angel funding and now need someone to help grow our business through marketing and realise our ambition to become the market leader in the character education space.
We’ve also recently been lucky enough to be judged as one of the top 100 best companies to escape to in 2019.
Why we exist
We want to inspire a generation of children to become the very best they can be through their relationships, their well-being and their own sense of purpose.
We want to do this by teaching at least a million children over the next few years in how to communicate well, collaborate effectively, think critically, solve problems creatively and lead brilliantly so that they can shape their future and those around them.
This opportunity will suit someone who has had at least 5 years experience as a marketing professional, who has delivered great results from performance and content marketing and is ready to step up in an exciting but challenging role. When we say ‘step up’, we mean help grow our number of Life Skills Course bookings across the world by 200%+ over the next year. They will be passionate about driving growth, working towards big goals and being a pivotal part of a fast-moving team.
To date the majority of our bookings are from parent referrals, we have lacked someone with a marketing focus and we have spent very little on our marketing efforts in the UK. We are fortunate that it has worked to date but now it is time to really step up as passive marketing can only get us so far. Not enough parents and schools know about us yet. We haven’t really advertised (only through a few mummy newsletters/ magazines) or made it that easy for people to find us online. Internationally we have spent a bit more and especially in Saudi Arabia where we hired a local digital marketing agency to help with Instagram. We lack a marketing strategy and with the help of some Angel funding it is time to change this.
It’s likely that you will be managing external digital marketing agencies; this will develop your managerial skills and also give you the opportunity to receive coaching from the agencies to develop your technical skills.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will:
- Define our brand identity and our copy, both the visual impression & tone of voice we use in every interaction with users/ future users
- Lead the Role Models marketing strategy to quickly grow brand, users and conversions
- Run experiments & campaigns in PR, SEO, Content, PPC & Offline marketing. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these
- Identify and manage digital marketing agencies and services across the world
- Create reporting systems to measure and drive marketing efforts, and present results
- Have the opportunity to work autonomously but with support
- Manage the entire marketing budget and report monthly ROI
- Be part of a strong hard-working environment; we have quarterly team events and a great internal vibe
Traits we’re looking for
- Huge energy and ambition
- Some experience and evidence of delivering growth in previous roles
- Independent and entrepreneurial working style
- Some experience in managing marketing agencies
- Strong understanding of marketing channels, strategies and approaches and how to get started with each one
- Comfortable managing PR agencies
- Fearless pursuit of testing, analysing and learning
- A fun and friendly team player
- Are happy to get your hands dirty supporting the business wherever needed including battling with the printer if required
- Passionate about character education
The nitty gritty
We are looking for someone who can ideally start in September 2019 at our offices on Stormont Road, Battersea, SW11 5EN.
The salary will be £30-40k p.a (depending on experience) plus a discretionary team bonus at the end of each quarter based on the company’s financial performance. You will also be provided with a company laptop.
The role would commence with a 6-month probation period and will then become a permanent role if the probation period is successful.
You will start with 23 days annual leave per year, which increases by 1 day for each year you work for the business up to a maximum of 28 days per year.
You will have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team work from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you would be working in the office.
Role Models is only 5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 5 full-time employees and 3 part-time employees. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
To explore this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] by the end of Friday September 13th. Earlier applications are encouraged.
Run-of-the-mill cover letters are not what we’re looking for – please tell us why you want this job, not just any job.