Fast-growing character education provider seeks bright person who is passionate about performance improvement
Location: Battersea, SW11 5EN
Compensation: £24-26k p.a. plus quarterly bonus, company laptop and 1 day/week working from home
Application deadline: Sunday December 2nd
Ideal start date: Wednesday January 2nd
Are you bright and good at building relationships with people? Do you have a passion for enabling small businesses to work to the best of their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you?
We are a leading childcare & education business entering an exciting stage of expansion and now need someone to help grow our business and realise our ambition to become the market leader in the character education space.
Why we exist
We want to inspire a generation of children to become the very best they can be through their relationships, their well-being and their own sense of purpose.
We want to do this by teaching at least a million children over the next few years how to communicate well, collaborate effectively, think critically, solve problems creatively and lead brilliantly so that they can shape their future and those around them.
What we do every day
We help children fly by giving them the skills they need to grow, develop and thrive in a changing world because we believe that children should be skilled for life as well as being schooled in the classroom.
To do this, we offer individual creative childcare to support childrens’ passions. We also provide courses that give children some of the key skills to succeed in the 21st century; leadership, resilience, teamwork and creative problem solving. We approach everything in a way that’s serious fun.
This opportunity will suit someone who is a proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset who thrives on challenge and has a track record of delivering excellent results. You must be an organised, diligent “doer” who has a passion for improving process, an eye for detail and who is constantly looking for solutions. You will need to be able to multi task and communicate well.
Reporting to the Managing Director (to start with), you will be leading Role Models’s internal processes, financial management and operational development. This includes:
- Sourcing and managing appropriate course venues, dates, logistics & pricing.
- Liaising with parents regarding course logistics.
- Assigning course staff and managing training logistics.
- Reviewing the business’s processes and devising alternatives where appropriate.
- Managing the business’s book-keeping with external support – raising and signing off invoices, expenses and payroll systems.
- Ensuring the business is up to date with meeting its payments, regulatory and insurance requirements.
- Identifying and documenting required improvements for our CRM system.
- Supporting the day-to-day running and functionality of the office.
- Managing an intern.
Traits we’re looking for
- Huge energy and ambition
- Excellent communication skills over the phone and in person and your English is close to perfect
- Good attention to detail and well organised
- A fun and friendly team player
- We pride ourselves on providing a seamless service to our clients. The successful candidate may on occasion need to be accessible remotely outside core hours
- Added plus but not a must: digitally savvy, with good working knowledge of MS Excel, WordPress, Dropbox and Xero
- A willingness to battle with the printer if required
The nitty gritty
- We are looking for someone who can ideally start on January 3rd 2019 and work full time at our offices in Battersea, SW11 5EN.
- The salary will be £24-26k p.a. (depending on experience) plus a discretionary team bonus at the end of each quarter based partly on the company’s financial performance and partly on the ideas and energy you bring to the team. You will also be provided with a company laptop.
- The role would commence with a 3-month probation period and will then become a permanent role if the probation period is successful.
- You will start with 23 days annual leave per year, which increases by 1 day for each year you work for the business up to a maximum of 28 days per year.
- You would have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team work from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you would be working in the office.
- We are in the process of implementing Hastee pay which would allow you to be paid early each month if required.
- Role Models is only 5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 4 full-time positions and 3 part-time positions. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
For more details on what we do please visit our home page.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please write a cover letter and send your CV to [email protected] by the end of Sunday December 2nd.
Earlier applications are encouraged.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for interview.