- Leading education provider seeks practical, energetic person
- General operations and marketing
- Entry level
- Based in Battersea, London
- Travel expenses & lunch covered
Are you bright and good at building relationships with people? Do you have a passion for enabling small businesses to work to the best of their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you?
We are a leading childcare & education business entering an exciting stage of expansion and now need someone to help grow our business and realise our ambition to become the market leader in the character education space.
Why we exist
We want to inspire a generation of children to become the very best they can be through their relationships, their well-being and their own sense of purpose.
We want to do this by teaching at least a million children over the next few years how to communicate well, collaborate effectively, think critically, solve problems creatively and lead brilliantly so that they can shape their future and those around them.
What we do every day
We help children fly by giving them the skills they need to grow, develop and thrive in a changing world because we believe that children should be skilled for life as well as being schooled in the classroom.
To do this, we offer individual creative childcare to support childrens’ passions. We also provide courses that give children some of the key skills to succeed in the 21st century; leadership, resilience, teamwork and creative problem solving. We approach everything in a way that’s serious fun.
What’s in it for you
Sadly we’re not in a position to be able to offer a salary but we can offer the following benefits:
- travel expenses (within reason) and lunch
- the opportunity to learn from a start-up team intent on rapidly growing a business
- the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you’re comfortable with
- the opportunity for us to write you a reference when you finish with us which you can use for future job applications
- the opportunity to join us for team events paid for by the company
This opportunity will suit someone who is a proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset who thrives on challenge and has a track record of delivering excellent results. You must be an organised, diligent “doer” who has a passion for improving process, an eye for detail and who is constantly looking for solutions. You will need to be able to multi task and communicate well.
Reporting to the Operations & Finance Executive, you will be supporting:
- Liking things that are relevant to Role Models and adding comments to help build our following (especially on Instagram)
- Drafting the monthly newsletter
- Drafting ad hoc email marketing campaigns regarding our upcoming courses
- Finding websites / groups / London universities to post our job descriptions to help recruit more Role Models (what we call our child carers and course staff)
- Helping at assessment days
- Checking through Role Models personal statements to make sure there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
- Helping with checking that we have the most up-to-date info on parents
Course and after-school club preparation
- Ordering resources
- Organising and packing resources
- Ordering marketing materials
- Editing, printing and collating documents for staff
- Filing course and after-school club staff contracts
- Photocopying and checking staff personal documents
- Liaising with venues regarding logistics
- Helping with the set-up of courses on site
- Gathering photographs and video footage of courses and after-school clubs
Course and after-school club follow-up
- Unpacking resources and storing items
- Creating surveys for parents
- Emailing parents with follow-up videos and communications
- Ordering office supplies
- Ordering food and drink for Role Models socials
- Huge energy and ambition
- A willingness to try new things and adapt if they don’t work out
- A willingness to battle with the printer if required
- Someone who could commit for at least 3 months from around January 2nd
The nitty gritty
We are looking for someone who can ideally start in early January and work 20-40 hours per week at our offices on Stormont Road, Battersea, SW11 5EN. The hours can be spread over the week in whatever way suits you. You would have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team work from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you would be working in the office.
The role would commence with a 2 week probation period and will then become an ongoing contractor role where both parties informally agree to give each other 2 weeks notice if they’d like to end the agreement.
Role Models is only 5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 5 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
How to apply
For more details on what Roles Models currently does please visit our home page.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send a covering email and CV to [email protected] ASAP.